VITEEE 2019 Overview
Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam(VITEEE) conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) for admissions to BTech programmes offered at VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT Bhopal and VIT Amaravati. VITEEE 2019 is scheduled to be held online (CBT) in different sessions in a single day.VIT has released the exam dates for VITEEE 2019. According to the official website, the exam will be held from April 10 to April 21, 2019. The application form of VITEEE 2019 exam was released by VIT on October 29, 2018 in online as well offline mode. In 2018, around 2,12,000 candidates registered the exam.
VITEEE 2019 will be conducted as 3 sessions per day. Take a look at the exam timings of VITEEE 2019:
- I session – 09.00 am – 11.30 am
- II session – 12.30 pm – 03.00 pm
- III session – 04.00 pm – 06.30 pm
From 2018, the university will also offer admissions to BDes
(Industrial Design) through VITEEE. The number of seats and
the mode of selection will be purely at the discretion of the
|Exam Name||VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Exam)|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes ( 150 minutes)|
|Exam Purpose||Admissions to BTech programme by VIT group of instutes|
|Course Offered||BTech; BDes (Industrial Design)|
|No. of Test Cities||120 test centres in India; 4 centres abroad|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0416-220 2125 / 330 555|
VITEEE 2019 Important Dates
|Availability of VITEEE online/offline application forms||October 28, 2018|
|Last date to submit VITEEE 2019 application forms||March 18, 2019|
|Last date to edit VITEEE 2019 application form||February 28, 2019|
|Commencement of VITEEE 2019 slot booking||Third week of March 2019|
|Availability of VITEEE 2019 admit cards||Third week of March 2019|
|VITEEE 2019 exam||April 10 to April 21, 2019|
Colleges accepting VITEEE 2019
|VIT, Vellore Campus||VIT Bhopal|
|VIT, Chennai Campus||VIT Amaravati|
VITEEE 2019 Exam Day Guidelines
Do’s for VITEEE 2019
- Report at the test centre as per the reporting time in your VITEEE 2019 admit card
- Carry your e-admit card and valid ID proof for verification
- Do not forget to register your name in the registration counter
- Sit only in the seat allotted to you
- Candidates will be allowed to take plain water bottles with nothing written or printed on them
Don’ts for VITEEE 2019
- Do not carry any text material (printed or written) except the VITEEE 2019 e-admit card inside the test centre.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones, paging devices, calculators, spy cameras and music systems.
- Aspirants will not be allowed enter the VITEEE 2019 test centre till he/she completes the exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to eat or drink anything (snacks, tea, coffee and cool drinks etc.) inside the test
- Adoption of any unfair means or Impersonation will not be tolerated. In such cases, candidates will be considered ineligible for admissions and the matter might be reported to the police. Documents required.
Important FaQs Regarding Exam 2019
Q. When will VITEEE 2019 be conducted?
A. The exam will be held the second or third
week of April, 2019. The exact dates are yet to be released by the
Q. When will VIT release VITEEE 2019 application
A. VIT released the exam application forms on
October 29, 2018.
Q. What is the last date to register for VITEEE
A. March 18, 2019 is the last date to register
for the exam.
Q. Will VITEEE 2019 also be conducted in offline
A. No. VITEEE 2019 will be held only in online
mode (Computer based mode).
Q. I need to edit the mistakes I made in my application
form. Will there be an application correction window?
A. Yes. VIT will offer the facility to edit
VITEEE 2019 application forms.The last date for application
correction is February 28, 2019.
Q. When will the slot booking process for VITEEE 2019
A.VITEEE slot booking process will tentatively
begin in the third week of March 2019.
Q. When will VITEEE 2019 results be
A. VITEEE 2019 results are expected to be declared
in the last week of April, 2019.
VITEEE 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for VITEEE 2019 are as follows:
- Anyone born on or after July 1, 1996 can apply for VITEEE 2019
- Interested candidates should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Also, the average marks obtained by aspirants in PCM / PCB in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Aspirants who have studied regular, full time and formal education can apply for VITEEE 2019.
- The exam will be open to NIOS'(National Institute of Open Schooling) candidates too.
- NRI candidates will also be eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019, apart from applying through direct NRI form.
PIO and OCI holder will be able to apply for VITEEE 2019. (Foreign Candidates studied/studying in abroad can apply directly through foreign category only).
VITEEE 2019 Contact Information
Contact Person for UG admissions: Dr K Manivannan
Vellore – 632 014
Phone No: +91-416-220 2125,2157, 220 2168
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road
Chennai – 600 127
Phone No: 044 3993 1555
Helpline Number: 0416 – 330 5555
Official Website : http://vit.ac.in/Admissions/index/1
VITEEE Exam Pattern 2019
Highlights of VITEEE 2019 exam pattern are given below:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be set in English language only.
- Question Paper Type: The questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type.
- Number of Questions: Total 125 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Sections: The question will be framed from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology & English subjects.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of VITEEE 2019 will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The exam will be organized 3 sessions per day.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, 1 mark will be allotted.
- Negative Marking: There is no provision for negative marking.
VITEEE Counselling 2019
VITEEE counselling is expected to be held in 2nd week of May. There are 2 phases of VITEEE counselling 2019- Phase 1 and Phase 2. Phase 1 Counselling will be held in May and dates for Phase 2 counselling for other rank holders will be released afterwards. However, if seats still remain vacant, an optional 3rd phase of counselling will be conducted.
Eligible candidates can select the courses offered at VIT Vellore Campus, Chennai Campus, VIT-Bhopal and VIT-AP on the day of Counselling as per the order of merit and availability.
Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of VITEEE counselling–
- VITEEE 2019 e-admit card and VITEEE 2019 Result copy
- Class Xth Board Certificate as a D.O.B or any age proof document
- Mark sheets of qualifying exam
- Community certificate (for SC/ST only)
- Nativity certificate (for candidates belonging to J&K, NE states like Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura
- Demand Draft of INR 30,000 drawn in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore
Note: Fees paid at the counselling includes INR 10,000 towards counselling fee (Non-refundable). Candidates without the fee will not be allowed to take part in counselling.
VIT University provides scholarships to aspirants under the “GV School Development Programme” (GVSDP). They can check the details regarding scholarships from given below:
|Toppers of each State Board and Central Board||100% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 1 to 50||75% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 51 to 100||50% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
|VITEEE rank holders of 101 to 1000||25% Tuition fee waiver for all the four years|
VITEEE Cut off
VITEEE cut off depends on a number of factors such as the number of students who appeared for VITEEE, total seats available, level of difficulty of exam and average performance given by the students. Cut off for all the campuses will be released separately, based on the availability of seats in the form of opening and closing ranks or admission to various courses in engineering.
- Admission will be granted on the basis of rank list. This rank list is prepared on the basis of a candidate’s percentile.
- Examinees in the top merit (from 1 to 20,000) are called for participating in Phase 1 counselling on multiple dates.
The below table describes the expected VITEEE Cutoff:
|Marks obtained in VITEEE||Expected Rank Range|